Author Topic: Marie/Cissy Loftus, Glasgow. Vaudeville performers.  (Read 4030 times)

LancsLoftus

Marie/Cissy Loftus, Glasgow. Vaudeville performers.
« on: April 10, 2015, 11:10:31 PM »
I have seen several old messages on Loftusweb about the mother and daughter, above.  Unfortunately they were posted many years ago.  I am researching links to these ladies.  If you have a family connection, please contact me on this site.

Duane

• Administrator
    • LoftusWeb
Re: Marie/Cissy Loftus, Glasgow. Vaudeville performers.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 03:46:30 AM »
Hopefully you get this.  You were banned by mistake - then reinstated.  Your posting remains but you may have to re-register.  Very sorry for my "ready, fire, aim" mistake.

http://www.loftusweb.com/smf

Duane Loftus

LancsLoftus

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 06:57:12 PM »
Ho Duane.  Thanks for the message.  I seem to be back in now after re-registering!    ;D

LancsLoftus

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:10:55 PM »
A bit more info on Marie/Cissy.  My connection is in Lancashire UK.  I know of other family connections in Wolverhampton UK, and USA.. 

John Loftus, born c 1851 in Ireland, living in Lancashire, UK, was a cousin of Cissy. John was my g.g. Uncle.
James Loftus, born c. 1827, Wolverhampton UK, not sure how related but his daughter travelled abroad with Marie on her tours of vaudeville venues
Hugh Loftus/Jane Dacey, parents of Anna Loftus (who married Martin Loftus).  Anna emigrated to USA.
It would be good to tie in all these links.